From 8am until 12pm
At Nature Learning Center, Albany
With an unprecedented school year in front of us, Tin Mountain Conservation Center is offering a one day workshop for K-6 teachers on developing place-based science projects.
When: 8am- 12pm, Thursday, August 13
Who: K-3 and 4-6 teachers, groups of 8 teachers per session*
Where: TMCC, 1245 Bald Hill Rd, Albany NH 03818
How: Register via phone 603-447-6991
Topics to be covered:
- Understanding Inquiry-based Learning (methodology, pedagogical practices)
- Resources for teachers and students (tools, strategies, activities)
- Establishing designated study plots (protocols, procedures, materials)
- Group and risk management while outdoors (engagement, safety)
- Building assessments of student competency (observational and project-based assessments)
*TMCC workshops will follow CDC and state guidelines and best practices for social distancing.