Anyone attending a Tin Mountain event recently is aware of the time and energy volunteers devote to that organization. From hosting evening programs to staffing special events to helping out with building and site maintenance, Tin Mountain relies heavily on an energetic and passionate volunteer base. That volunteer time has made Tin Mountain a much better organization.
In an effort to better serve and support the dedicated crew of volunteers, Tin Mountain is introducing the Morning Coffee Break. Starting in December, volunteers are invited to come to Tin Mountain at 10am on the second Tuesday of the month, every month, to enjoy a cup of coffee and learn about current volunteer opportunities. It is important to point out that all are ALWAYS welcome to stop by Tin Mountain, but the monthly Morning Coffee Break will provide a specific time to highlight the volunteer base.
During these morning gatherings, those interested are welcome to stay just for a cup of coffee (or tea!) and conversation or stick around to help out on some of the current volunteer opportunities. There also will be a monthly email sent out listing current opportunities. These lists provide volunteers unable to attend the gatherings with project updates and allow Morning Coffee Break participants to better prepare for their visit.
**Please note – ther will be NO Volunteer Morning Coffee Break in June. Instead, we invite you to attend the Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast on Saturday, June 18, 8:30-10am.**
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Nature Learning Center
· media notebook (clippings & filing)
· painting party (inside)
· 1 volunteer to help with Century Ride database on Tues 5/10
· 1 volunteer to help with mailings on Tues 5/17
· volunteers to help with teacher workshop prep Tues 5/10
· PR distribution throughout Valley
· trail maintenance
· Canoe repair & construction of canoe rack
· Weeding gardens on Tues 5/10
· Tin Mountain of Treasures Yard Sale
· 4 volunteers -Friday, June 10th, 2-5pm – pricing & organizing in the afternoon
· Saturday, June 11th – helping staff the event
2 volunteers 7:30-11am
4 volunteers 11am-2:30pm
3-4 volunteers 1:45 – 4pm? clean-up (trucks would be great!)