NH WEATHERIZE CAMPAIGN FOR THE MOUNT WASHINGTON VALLEY
Contractors: Please click to view the Request for Applications
Please submit all applications by September 7th (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
New name, same great programming! Tin Mountain has joined forces with the MWV Citizens for an Energy Efficient Community to form the Tin Mountain Energy Team. We remain committed to providing educational and instructive workshops on various renewable energy aspects.
Check out our new solar array on our intern cabin (pictured below). The 34-panel array, installed by Frase Electric, brings our electric production back to well past net zero!
Tin Mountain is committed to connecting residents of the Mount Washington Valley with opportunities to reduce their carbon footprint and save money in the process.
We offer a number of workshops annually on various aspects of renewable energy, including DIY, understanding net metering, and weatherization.
Our spring workshop on DIY solar PV was a great success, as evidenced by the photo below. Pictured is Dave Bowles, workshop attendee, at his home in Wonalancet. Dave installed the system himself, and estimates that in doing so he was able to cut the installation cost almost half!
If you are interested in learning more about upcoming events, please contact program director, Nora Dufilho.
Looking for a bit more information? Please take the time to explore the resources below.
RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES:
- NH Local Energy Solutions
- NH Sustainable Energy Association (NHSEA)
- NH Office of Strategic Initiatives – Energy Division
- Environmental Business Council – NH Chapter
- Green Energy Times
- NH Wood Energy Council
- Natural Resources Conservation Services – Farm Energy Efficiency
Energy Tools & Resources
- NH Saves
- Energy Sage
- Database of State Incentives
- National Renewable Energy Innovation Publications
- Eversource Energy Savings Plan and Tips
- NH Electric Coop – Home Energy Solutions
- Energy Star – Energy Savings at Home
- FHA Energy Efficient Mortgage Program
- 2018 NH State Energy Strategy