Join the Tin Mountain Energy Team for a 2-Part Virtual Program:
Emergency Preparedness: Back-Up Energy
Thursday, October 15 & 22, 7pm
The Tin Mountain Energy Team is joining Window Dressers to host a local build in MWV this fall.
WindowDressers Insulating Window Inserts are custom-made to fit each window and save homeowners an average of $27/window annually. Building the inserts at community workshops helps keep the price of inserts down (50-75% cheaper than commercial products).
Interested in learning more about Window Dressers? Click here to visit their website.
Interested in ordering window inserts for your home? Contact Nora for more information.
New name, same great programming! Tin Mountain has joined forces with the MWV Citizens for an Energy Efficient Community to form the Tin Mountain Energy Team. We remain committed to providing educational and instructive workshops on various renewable energy aspects.
Check out our new solar array on our intern cabin (pictured below). The 34-panel array, installed by Frase Electric, brings our electric production back to well past net zero!
Tin Mountain is committed to connecting residents of the Mount Washington Valley with opportunities to reduce their carbon footprint and save money in the process.
We offer a number of workshops annually on various aspects of renewable energy, including DIY, understanding net metering, and weatherization.
Our spring workshop on DIY solar PV was a great success, as evidenced by the photo below. Pictured is Dave Bowles, workshop attendee, at his home in Wonalancet. Dave installed the system himself, and estimates that in doing so he was able to cut the installation cost almost half!
If you are interested in learning more about upcoming events, please contact program director, Nora Dufilho.
Looking for a bit more information? Please take the time to explore the resources below.
RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES:
- NH Local Energy Solutions
- NH Sustainable Energy Association (NHSEA)
- NH Office of Strategic Initiatives – Energy Division
- Environmental Business Council – NH Chapter
- Green Energy Times
- NH Wood Energy Council
- Natural Resources Conservation Services – Farm Energy Efficiency
Energy Tools & Resources
- NH Saves
- Energy Sage
- Database of State Incentives
- National Renewable Energy Innovation Publications
- Eversource Energy Savings Plan and Tips
- NH Electric Coop – Home Energy Solutions
- Energy Star – Energy Savings at Home
- FHA Energy Efficient Mortgage Program
- 2018 NH State Energy Strategy