Tin Mountain’s Environmental Book Group meets the first Wednesday of the month at 4pm. All are welcome, whether you have finished (or started!) the book
Next Book Group Pick is:
Finding the Mother Tree by Suzanne Simard
Suzanne Simard is a pioneer on the frontier of plant communication and intelligence. In her first book, Simard brings us into her world, the intimate world of the trees, in which she brilliantly illuminates the fascinating and vital truths-that trees are not simply the source of timber or pulp, but are a complicated, interdependent circle of life; that forests are social, cooperative creatures connected through underground networks by which trees communicate their vitality and vulnerabilities with communal lives not that different from our own.
If you are interested in buying the book, copies are available at White Birch Books in North Conway, including curbside pickup and online options.
- January: Finding the Mother Tree by Suzanne Simard
- February: Plastic Ocean by Charles Moore
- March: Fuzz by Mary Roach
- April: Hurricane Lizards and Plastic Squid by Thor Hanson
- May: Swamplands by Edward Struzik
- June: Gathering Moss by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Tin Mountain’s Environmental Group is sponsored in part by White Birch Books of North Conway