Tin Mountain’s Environmental Book Group meets the first Wednesday of the month at 3pm. All are welcome, whether you have finished (or started!) the book
Next Book Group Pick is:
Mill Town by Kerri Arsenault
Kerri Arsenault grew up in the western Maine mill town of Mexico on the banks of the Androscoggin River. For over a century, the community relied on the mill for its livelihood. An offhand inquiry about her family’s genealogy led Arsenault to investigate the mill’s greater impact on the community’s history and health. Mill Town explores how we value human lives and the environment in the face of economic growth and survival.
Additionally, join us for a unique opportunity to converse with the author on May 6th.
If you are interested in buying the book, copies are available at White Birch Books in North Conway, including curbside pickup and online options.
- May – Mill Town by Kerri Arsenault
- June – Women of the Dawn by Bunny McBride
- July – Puffin Project by Stephen Kress & Derrick Jackson
- August – Suddenly the Cider Didn’t Taste So Good by John Ford
- September – Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake
Tin Mountain’s Environmental Group is sponsored in part by the Stephen & Tabitha King Foundation