Tin Mountain’s Environmental Book Group meets the first Wednesday of the month at 3pm. All are welcome, whether you have finished (or started!) the book
Next Book Group Pick is:
A World on the Wing: the Global Odyssey of Migratory Birds by Scott Weidensaul
Bird migration entails almost unfathomable endurance, avoiding dehydration, and orientation skills tied to the earth’s magnetic field. A World on the Wing by Pulitzer Prize finalist Scott Weidensaul introduces readers to the scientists, researchers, and bird lovers studying and trying to preserve global migratory patterns in the face of climate change and other environmental challenges. All are welcome; you don’t need to have finished to book (or even started it). And join us on October 14 for a special program with the author!
If you are interested in buying the book, copies are available at White Birch Books in North Conway, including curbside pickup and online options.
- October – A World on the Wing: the Global Odyssey of Migratory Birds by Scott Weidensaul
- November: No One is Too Small to Make a Difference by Greta Thunberg
- December: The Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery
- January: Finding the Mother Tree by Suzanne Simard
- February: Plastic Ocean by Charles Moore
Tin Mountain’s Environmental Group is sponsored in part by White Birch Books of North Conway